Shopping for a used car? While there are certainly plenty of options out there to suit your budget and personal needs, you might be having trouble deciding exactly which model is the best choice for your situation. So here at Germain Cars, we’ve taken the time to assemble a helpful guide to make your decision easier. We’ve reviewed the top choices for used cars from industry-leading experts at Consumer Reports, CarGurus, and U.S. News & World Report to identify our top picks for used cars across a variety of segments.
Best Used Sedan for $15K-$20K – 2013-2015 Honda Accord Sedan
Consumer Reports has chosen the 2013-2015 Honda Accord Sedan as the best used sedan between $15K and $20K. If you’re searching for long-lasting build quality, reliability, and outstanding fuel efficiency — look no further than the Honda Accord Sedan. The Accord Sedan is also recognized for its stylish exterior appearance and advanced safety features. Available in a variety of trim levels to suit every lifestyle, the 2013-2015 Honda Accord Sedan is a great buy for the money.
- Standard Inline 4-Cylinder 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC® engine with 185 horsepower and 181 lb ft of torque
- 16-inch Alloy Wheels
- Available Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- Optional Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors including Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
Best Used Luxury Sedan for $15K-$20K – 2011-2012 Lexus ES
Selected as the best $15K-$20K used luxury sedan by Consumer Reports is the 2011-2012 Lexus ES. If you’re looking for a luxury sedan that doesn’t break the bank, the ES delivers comfort appointments including superlative leather front seats and a quiet cabin. Built on the platform of the Toyota Camry, the Lexus ES also offers superior reliability than other options in the luxury segment. Outstanding attention to detail and advanced safety equipment have made the 2011-2012 Lexus ES an excellent choice among used luxury sedan shoppers.
- Standard 268-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine
- 10 standard airbags with Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TC)
- Dual zone climate control
- Luxurious leather-trimmed seating surfaces
- 17-inch alloy wheels
Best Used Full-Size Pickup Truck – 2015-2020 Ford F-150
Awarded with a first place finish in the full-size pickup category, CarGurus recognized the 2015-2020 Ford F-150 as the best choice in the used pickup segment. The 13th generation F-150 is the first full-size pickup truck constructed with an aluminum body to increase fuel economy and reduce weight. Powerful performance, an iconic heritage, and handsome styling have made the Ford F-150 a hit with truck buyers for generations. Available with both V6 and V8 engines, 4X4 capability, and a variety of bed lengths — F-150 is a great choice for those who need to get the job done.
- Standard 3.5L Ti-VCT 4-valve V6 FFV engine
- Ford SYNC® voice-activated, in-vehicle connectivity system with 911 Assist® and SYNC AppLink™
- Available Tough Bed® factory-installed spray-in bedliner
- SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad
- Optional Perforated leather-trimmed front bucket seats
Best Used Midsize Pickup Truck – 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma
CarGurus has named the 2015-2021 Toyota Tacoma as the best used midsize pickup truck. The Tacoma stands out for its superior reliability and excellent value among CarGurus shoppers. In fact, the Tacoma holds its value better than any other midsize pickup in the segment. Plenty of available tech features, bold exterior styling, and a fun-to-drive character have made the Tacoma a great choice for used truck buyers.
- Choice of a 2.7-liter 4-cylinder or 3.5-liter V6 engines
- Available Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- Choice of single, extended, and crew cab configurations
- Optional TRD Sport or TRD Off-Road Packages
- Entune™ Audio System
Best Used Midsize Crossover/SUV – 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Equipped with your choice of proven 3.6L V6, muscular 5.7L V8, or the pulse-pounding 6.2L Supercharged V8 and an exquisite interior, CarGurus recommendation for the best used midsize crossover/SUV is the 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee. As the midsize SUV segment grows more competitive, the Grand Cherokee offers confident styling and an ergonomic interior to help improve every drive. Available with a capable Quadra-Trac® Active On-Demand 4×4 System, the Jeep Grand Cherokee has the capability to conquer even the worst road conditions.
- Standard 3.6L V6, optional 5.7L V8, available 6.4L V8, or available 6.2L Supercharged V8 with your choice of 4X2 or 4X4 drivetrains
- Max Cargo Capacity of 68.3 cubic feet
- 12 individual trim levels
- Optional Uconnect® 4C NAV with an 8.4-inch intuitive touchscreen
- Available Best-in-Class towing capacity of 7,200 pounds
Best Used Large Luxury SUV Under $50K – 2009 Cadillac Escalade
Earning U.S. News & World Report’s recommendation for the best used large luxury SUV for under $50K is the 2009 Cadillac Escalade. Combining bold styling with a potent V8 engine, the Cadillac Escalade offers a luxurious interior that’s sure to impress even the most discerning drivers. Its full-size platform give all occupants plenty of space to relax and unwind. Superior resale values, long-term dependability, and impressive safety features help highlight how the Cadillac Escalade is a smart choice for used luxury shoppers.
- Gen IV 6.2L Vortec V8 VVT Engine with 403 hp and 417 lb-ft of torque
- Available in RWD and AWD drivetrains
- 14 way, power-adjustable front bucket seats with leather seating surfaces
- Bose® 5.1 Cabin Surround® Sound System with 10 speakers
- Third-row 50/50 split-folding seat with fold-and-tumble storage
Best Used Luxury Sports Car Under $30K – 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
Perfect for used luxury sports car shoppers, the 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class was chosen by U.S. News & World Report as the best under $30K. Enjoy turbocharged power delivery combined with an upscale driver-oriented interior that’s sure to impress. Its available Magic Sky Control roof allows you to fine-tune the transparency of the roof panel in order to let in more or less sunlight. Composed handling and powerful brakes help the SLK turn even the most mundane commute into a memorable drive.
- 5-liter Direct Injection V6 with 302 horsepower and 7-speed automatic transmission
- Available Enhanced Voice Control system for audio, telephone, and navigation
- Lowered, sport-tuned 4-wheel multilink suspension with Direct-steer
- Optional infrared-remote operation of retractable hardtop
- Mercedes-Benz COMMAND infotainment system
Find A Buy Here Pay Here Dealership In Phoenix, Arizona
If a bank or credit union lender doesn’t want to loan you money for a vehicle because of your credit, BHPH dealers are pleased to put you behind the wheel today. If you live around the Phoenix, Arizona area and are wondering if a buy here, pay here car dealer is the right choice for you, stop by In-Power Motors. We are a buy here pay here dealership in Phoenix, Arizona ready to get you in a car today! Our BHPH dealership also works with buyers with bad credit.